Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mobile or bust!!- Day 1



We left DuPont at 4:40am and then departed Sea-Tac at 7:10am.  Our flight to St. Paul-Minneapolis, MN was FULL! However, our seatmates were pleasant.  After a layover and lunch in MN, we boarded our flight to Jacksonville, Florida.  Talk about the flight.from.HELL.  I don't know where the family filling the seats directly behind ours were from, but I pity their neighbors.  I'm not sure where to lash out first; the bratty, bratty kids who behaved like beasts; or their parents who obviously never raised their little beasts to behave....anywhere!!  I wish I could say I was kidding, but they really were worse than you could ever imagine.  Case in point- four days after our flight, my mom saw a souvenir in a store with the name McKenna on it and physically flinched upon reading it.  Seriously!

So our first night was in Jacksonville.  Apparently northern Florida is going through a bit of a heat spell right now.....uh, yeah!  It was upper 80's when we went downtown to take in the sights and sounds of the Jazz Festival. 

Downtown Jacksonville had streets closed for the four different Jazz Festival stages.  It was still a happening place when we arrived after 8pm. 





And this one if for my USDC/BK friends



Pictures of the blue bridge.  All of their bridges were lit up at night and looked beautiful



Mom




Me

And the last bit of info- our hotel room.  Hilton Garden

Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden hooked together....weird.  It was also annoying because my wifi kept crossing over to the Homewood Suites homepage and wouldn't recognize my.  grrrrrr

The room was nice.  The beds were nice.  The bathroom was nice.  All of which became very significant when we stayed in Fernandina Beach the next night.







No comments:

Post a Comment