Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bedroom Redo #1- Erin

It's time to redo Erin's room.  Currently her room is wrong on so many levels.

  1. Bedroom is 12' x 12'- she has at least 100' x 100' worth of treasures and toys
  2. Paint job done 4 years ago, was never finished with the required chair rail - thus a white line around the middle of the room, so not cute
  3. Full size bed- see above re: massive amounts of "stuff"
  4. Fuzzy purple comforter with satin backing.  Fuzzy is nice, but the satin hinders it's ability to stay OFF the floor on the bed.
  5. And I'm tired of trying to clean it without homes for everything and everybody
My ideas for this bedroom redo are:
  1. Move bed under the window- leaving one full wall empty
  2. Put a built in/storage unit/wall unit onto the above-mentioned full wall (ie. Madison or Cameron wall collections by Pottery Barn kids)
  3. Built in needs to include a desk and a tv
  4. It also needs big storage drawers, I think
  5. Before doing all of the above with big, heavy furniture- PAINT!
  6. Before I paint, figure out better bedding so I don't have to repaint
  7. Purge!
These are the forces conspiring against me:
  1. My daughter. Yes I know it's her room, but if I don't love the vision and plan, it will never get finished.
  2. My husband. See #5 above re: big heavy furniture.
  3. My husband. He is an anal retentive better painter but is never a willing participant.
  4. See #1 at the very top- MASS QUANTITIES OF CRAP!!
  5. I can't figure out the bedding so how can I start the whole project?  I do have some ideas and feedback/input would be greatly appreicated. 
So, all of you out there following this blog <crickets>, which set do you like best?  And, what color(s) would you paint to go with it?

#1-  

or this one

#2-

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment