Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'll Show Him

I have found the most inspiring website, Knock Off Wood. I want to make something from it in the worse way. 

However, The Husband just yammers on about how hard building furniture is. He hasn't looked at Ana's plans otherwise he would know how easy and logical they are.  He hasn't looked at the pictures submitted by real people who had no prior carpentry experience.  So, tonight I took matters into my own hands.

I picked my first project, an easy entryway table, and modified it just a bit to better suit our needs.  Then I went to orange and found the wood.  Next I figured out how I wanted the wood to be cut and found a smiling associate to help me out.  Tonight I got home, after picking Zack up from football, with a small pile of cut wood, just waiting for me to whip it into something special.  The picture below is a better representation of the modifications I made.


I'm so excited.  I'll keep you posted with my progress. 

The Husband gets home Friday, and I'm going to show him! 

Night,
Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment